Credit Analyst II
- Job Locations US-Remote
- ID: 2020-1145
- Category: Legal and Compliance
- Type: Regular Full-Time
American Advisors Group (AAG) is the nation’s leader in reverse mortgage lending, licensed to operate in 48 states. The company, founded in 2004 by CEO Reza Jahangir, is headquartered in Orange, CA. We are dedicated to helping American seniors leverage their home equity as an asset to help fund retirement. AAG holds an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, has a 96% customer satisfaction rating and is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA).
We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual to grow with us. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team “comes to win”– our work atmosphere is highly- entrepreneurial. AAG’s success stems from our unique core values that are inherent in every employee:
- Caring for our customers and treating them with the dignity and respect in which they deserve.
- Driven to provide superior customer service.
- Ethical in how we conduct our work, every day.
AAG rewards hard work, strives to promote from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you are interested in joining, please review the job description below.
The credit analyst II position was implemented to provide a subject matter expert (SME) for AAG colleagues and wholesale partners, by providing expert advice pertaining to the origination, processing and underwriting of Reverse Mortgages. You will provide daily support, leadership and guidance to the production, sales, risk and legal staff. You will support management decisions and implement change under the credit umbrella. You will independently perform audits, issue loan decisions, approve condo projects, respond to the credit and condo portals, and research and resolve variety of regulatory and guideline issues. You will independently manage all aspects of impaired assets and respond to HUD on post technical loan reviews. If you have experience and meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today!
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities, as a subject matter expert (SME) to others on questions related to Credit and Underwriting.
- Assist production staff in overcoming obstacles and providing alternatives to promote insurable loans.
- Independently perform research and discovery reporting on regulatory and lending changes.
- Independently analyze mortgage documentation, collateral and credit analysis on files to determine completeness and accuracy.
- Independently manage, cure, underwrite and report on Impaired Assets
- Independently conduct QA, discretionary, and targeted audits
- Independently monitor and respond to the credit desk portal
- Respond effectively both written and verbal to customers (internal and external)
- Manage and or supervise regulatory and/or guideline projects
- Independently monitor and respond to the condo project portal
- Develops Question/Answer and trending for supporting departments.
- Review and analyze HUD policy changes; assist in communicating the changes to colleagues and partners as needed.
- Manages the self-reporting portal
- Independently create and run reports for trending, tracking and control monitoring
- Create and manage department dashboards
- Performs Condo project approvals
- FHA Connection administration
- EAD administration
- LRS administration and management
- Independently issues Adverse Action on loans
- Monitors and issues FEMA disaster area alerts
- Assists in responding to Loans at Risk (PETR’s)
- Plays key role in research and guidance of credit requirements and overall risk to the organization.
Demonstrates focused desire in continued education and growth in all aspects of mortgage lending.
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum; real estate/mortgage banking courses helpful.
- Must obtain DE certification and have strong working knowledge of HECM product.
- Minimum 4 years current mortgage operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years mortgage underwriting experience or equivalent
- Must have excellent judgment and be able to make fluid decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of FHA Connection, EAD and LRS systems
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Must possess a working knowledge of loan program products and services, policies, and requirements of a HUD regulated program.
- Has the ability to understand and make recommended changes to Standard Operating Procedures
- Has strong familiarity with state and federal regulations are required as well as a solid understanding of: HMDA, Regulation Z, Regulation B, the FHLMC, FNMA, FHA rules and processes
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail
- Has a solid commitment to customer service
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- The demonstrated ability to work in both a team and individual environment.
- Ability to handle frequent changes.
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- PC skills required. Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, LendForce, RV, Visio, Smartsheet
- Tactfulness and proven ability to handled sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure and on deadlines, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.