Chief Revenue Officer (Remote)
- Exec Team
- Boise, Idaho, United States
- Full time
This is a remote position based in the United States
Empowered Education (EE) is looking for a strategic leader who excels at creating winning B2C marketing campaigns and teams. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will be an inspirational leader who is able to own revenue generation – all facets of marketing and admissions – which includes end-to-end student enrollment, branding and positioning, product marketing, demand generation/student acquisition, content marketing, marketing analytics, events, and the admissions team. The CRO will be accountable for and have the autonomy to define and implement EE’s marketing strategy and programs. S/he will need to think strategically while rolling up his/her sleeves to help execute key initiatives. This person will take full ownership of EE’s revenue generation, including its online presence, student acquisition programs, admissions process, student support, and be accountable for developing individuals within the marketing/admissions team while achieving enrollment goals. The CRO is a critical member of EE’s Executive team reporting directly to the CEO and will manage a team of ~120 people.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and own the entire student acquisition process. You will develop and execute the marketing and enrollment strategy for the overall institution and each of its brands, with accountability for revenue, enrollments, and Cost Per Enrollment targets. This includes optimizing digital marketing channel spend (websites, SEO, SEM, social, other) and creating an e-commerce channel.
- Drive the evolution of brand positioning. You will define, and bring to life in a clear, compelling, and consistent way, brands that motivate target audiences to take action. You will oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our websites, blogs, and social channels. You will manage our customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Create and own the go-to-market strategy for new products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure performance against goals.
- Collaborate and lead across the organization. You will build partnerships and virtual teams across all functions of the organization.
- Build and manage a high-performing marketing department. You will nurture/grow existing team members, identify new talent needs, and lead a high-performing integrated marketing and enrollment team.
- Develop and implement more efficient processes. You will work with the marketing and admissions teams to accelerate the adoption of Standard Operating Procedures that streamline processes, improve effectiveness, and create more productive operations.
- Define, measure, and report performance. You will analyze and assess marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI goals, with particular emphasis on optimizing LTV/CAC. This includes providing ongoing KPI/performance reporting, developing actionable insights based on consumer research/learning, and instilling a disciplined test and learn methodology to continually optimize media spend.
- Have some fun. Seriously. We are a virtual, close-knit team that tries to build fun and recognition into our work lives.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strategic. Someone who understands how to identify marketplace trends, gaps, and opportunities.
- Analytical. You are a disciplined thinker and can develop and drive execution of complex, multi-channel B2C digital demand generation plans with the ability to understand and interpret data to create winning strategies while also having good creative intuition.
- Brandbuilder. You can develop and execute a vision for a “multi-tenant” branded platform that holds many differentiated sub-brands.
- Collaborative. Someone who is able to work well with a wide range of functions and people, including academics, analytics, HR, operations, and finance team members.
- Driven. You have a will to win with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Communicative. You operate with transparency and have a high EQ with strong communication skills, both verbal and written. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas to get buy-in from your team and the executive team.
- Experienced. You have experience building winning marketing and sales strategies, execution plans, and teams. You have been in a marketing (and ideally sales) leadership role at a $50m+ revenue company for at least five years. Proven experience and success across all disciplines of marketing and enrollment – strategy, branding/positioning, product, digital media channels (e.g. SEM, SEO, social), communications, pricing, consumer research, and B2C sales (phone and e-commerce). Demonstrated experience positioning a company in a competitive market and winning market share; ROI-driven approach to marketing and strong attention to detail; led teams that have generated significant B2C customer growth across multiple acquisition channels.
- Caring. You care deeply about our purpose and making a difference in the world; you are very focused on the students and their success.
- Fun. You have a sense of humor and a relatively low ego. You work hard, enjoy working with a team, and do not take yourself too seriously.
ABOUT EMPOWERED EDUCATION
Empowered Education is a premier education provider of online programs and live events that trains coaches, practitioners, and other passionate changemakers to help others thrive in health and life.
This role requires an understanding of working in and with a virtual workforce. All applicants are expected to be successful working independently in a virtual setting.
Empowered Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.