- FULL-TIME REMOTE
Over one million designers — from freelancers, to some of the largest companies in the world — use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products, every day. We’re building a platform to empower designers to share and collaborate on their designs and work better, together.
Sketch is hiring its first Corporate Counsel globally to represent and lead our legal interests across corporate, commercial, and compliance-related activities.
As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for formalizing the legal foundation of how we run our business. You will recommend the policy, process and tools needed for assurance and compliance with company values and applicable law. You will also advise senior management, help us anticipate challenges ahead, and protect our interests as we grow.
Sketch is a Dutch-based company. Our globally distributed team works remotely and communicates mostly using text, so you must demonstrate excellent communication skills and written English.
In this role, you will:
- Set a legal strategy and build a legal foundation to how we run the business, formalizing what must we do, why we must do it, and what is the best way to get it done
- Help us manage our global commercial and employment footprint and related legal obligations across jurisdictions
- Provide sound advice and guidance on key corporate governance, consumer privacy, and compensation-related issues to senior business leaders
- Structure, negotiate and close key commercial contracts, both outbound and inbound, including MSAs, EULAs, DPAs, NDAs, employment agreements and more
- Remove friction where possible, simplifying and automating the contracting process as we scale
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes, as needed within the company
- 5+ years of commercial legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Demonstrated interest in legal tech, legal ops and finding innovative ways to scale legal functions for a rapidly growing organization
- Proven ability to maintain productive work relationships and work collaboratively with subject matter experts to research and resolve issues
- You are a proven operator, team player and leader who gets things done.
- Excellent negotiation skills with large enterprise companies
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work remotely as part of a close-knit team
- You’re based on a GMT-1 to GMT+2 timezone.
Even if you’re not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you