Credit Fraud Analytics and Models Specialist
- South Portland, ME
- US – Remote
- WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
- We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
- WEX Inc. is a dynamic company and is in the process of expanding its payment processing business globally and modernizing global risk management operations, processes, and tools.
- With the expansion in scale and scope of the lending operations, there is a heightened need for advanced analytics to strategically avoid losses while supporting growth targets.
- The Application Fraud and Credit Models Analyst meets a critical function at the center of this framework, developing, monitoring, and refining models across the credit ecosystem.
- The candidate is expected to be a key member of the Global Credit Risk and Reporting team and is primarily responsible for managing the interaction and implementation of fraud and credit models covering the entire “credit lifecycle” of customer accounts, enabling effective customer segmentation, and resulting strategy development.
- The candidate must be a collaborative player with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, source data from disparate WEX systems, and architect data streams to enable insights and Artificial Intelligence Solutions.
Model Development Oversight
- Oversee both internal and vendor development of analytic models to predict and prevent application fraud, score new applicants for credit worthiness, and manage the portfolio for changes in credit quality
- Manage relationship with suite of 3rd party vendors
- Optimize process flow and implementation of models to produce a harmonized and efficient movement of data and seamless customer experience
Model Performance Management
- Monitor the on-going performance monitoring of credit and fraud models
- Provide monthly read-outs summarizing the performance of the models
- Guide comparative analysis of champion and challenger models
- Lead monthly discussions with LOB partners to build the link between predictive loss mitigation strategies informed by advanced analytics and business growth objectives
Qualifications that make a top candidate for WEX:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Payment processing experience at leading financial institution
- Industry experience with commercial lending credit lifecycle
- Experience with fraud or credit model development
- Data analytics experience (business intelligence, data visualization, product analytics etc.) with proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- Experience implementing, operationalizing, or maintaining model risk management processes/procedures
- A passion for data analysis and problem solving; statistics knowledge and hypothesis testing experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to gather and process data at scale, a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to produce deep data analysis and original content
- Ability to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide variety of audiences
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition – WEX’s Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability