Title: Part-Time Data Science Instructor
Location: United States – Remote
- Metis is hiring a Part-Time Data Science Instructor to teach our Bootcamp Prep courses.
- We are looking for someone who loves and excels at teaching basic concepts in Python, Math and Data Science.
- This person will be passionate about teaching others to get started in their data science journey and are fun to be around and work with.
- An ideal instructor should be quick to learn and adapt, have strong communication skills, is technically knowledgeable, and behaves in a professional manner.
- Metis Part-Time Data Science instructors are responsible for providing incredible and inspiring Data Science instruction.
- Throughout the year, instructors will work on lecturing the course, curriculum development for new and existing courses, hosting office hours, managing a Teaching Assistant, assist with marketing, and others on an hourly basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering the Bootcamp Prep course lectures
- Leading course discussions
- Providing personalized support to students
- Managing a Teaching Assistant
- Hosting office hours
- Improving the quality of our curriculum
- Participating in course marketing activities
- Is a data scientist with outstanding knowledge of and experience in Python, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics and various Data Science concepts and algorithms which include supervised and unsupervised learning, dimensionality reduction, exploratory data analysis, and programming best practices
- Is equally passionate about data science and teaching
- Strong communication skills
- Preferably has teaching experience alongside data science
- Approaches problems with a design perspective
Perks of the Role
- Part of a team that is transforming education
- Flexible hours, including mix of teaching and programming
- Competitive compensation package