Dean of School of Ecological Mission
The School of Ecological Mission introduces students to ways of reflecting on God’s creation and what God is doing to redeem all of the earth. Courses and programs employ the earth sciences and life sciences combined with environmental theology or theology of illness and health studies in order to equip students to serve in Christian faith-based organizations in environmental mission, global health, medical missions, natural resource management, sustainable agriculture, and geospatial studies through the following departments: Environmental Studies, Ecology & Biodiversity, Global Healthcare & Population Studies, Epidemiology & Infectious Disease, and Geospatial Studies.
What’s great in the job?
- Mission, Vision and Core Values of the University focus on the mission of God in the world
- Position is 100% online, remote position
- Educational innovation combines interdisciplinary curriculum design with theological reflection and experiential learning
- School of Ecological Mission combines several forms of creation care of the social, natural, and built environments including the study of human ecology, biodiversity, and urban ecology.
- Faculty and staff are geographically distributed from Alaska to New Zealand
- The online Administration Center provides virtual offices with video conferencing capabilities.
- Academic leader of the school
- Representative of the school to the rest of the University
- Representative of University leadership to their school
- Manager of the school’s resources
- Representatives of school & University to outsiders
- Coordinating the development of and implementing the school’s vision and goals statement within the overall mission and vision of the Missional University
- Leading, and coordinating school strategic planning and curriculum development
- Leading and overseeing the processes of faculty and staff selection and retention following HR guidelines
- Evaluating overall departmental/school productivity in instruction, research, and service responsibilities
- Directly supervises 5 Department Chairs and 25 to 40 faculty members
- Interviewing, recruiting, and training faculty members
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems