Title: Financial Business Senior Analyst
Location: Remote – United States National; Ontario, Canada; Quebec, Canada
Position can be located within the U.S., or within the Ontario or Quebec provinces of Canada.
As a Financial Business Analyst you will be responsible for helping define a vision for and managing our internal financial and investment management systems and related infrastructure. This role will have the opportunity to define and implement the systems that will allow Techstars to scale its investing activity, make critical investment decisions and help us better leverage our data to make crucial operational business decisions. This high impact role will work closely with internal business partners and engineers to identify, build and maintain technology solutions that allow us to scale and create new opportunities for our business. Additionally, the role will lead efforts to systematize finance, accounting and business processes with mature solutions that support the growth of Techstars.
We are looking for an excellent problem solver and communicator, who is highly engaged, and able to both speak geek with our engineers and effectively communicate with business stakeholders. Experience working with and implementing financial and accounting software is desired and knowledge of venture capital funds and the alternative investments industry is a plus.
Your goal is to manage the creation of technology solutions that provide long-term value for Techstars and our network. This role will support both internal development projects as well as vendor software implementation projects.
What you will do:
- Assist in developing and articulating the vision and strategy for our financial and investment technology products and solutions
- Act as a champion for the products, systems and internal business teams you support
- Work closely with finance, investments and other internal stakeholder teams to understand and solve complex problems
- Identify requirements and evaluate vendor software solutions against business needs and take a key role in making software buy decisions
- Lead an internal engineering team through the software development process, including defining requirements and user stories and managing production using agile and scrum principles
- Identify, design and oversee the implementation of process improvements to increase efficiencies
- Lead and support vendor software implementations. Examples may include: software for investment fund accounting, investment and portfolio on-boarding and management, budget and planning, financial consolidations
- Support existing systems and triage issues as they arise and escalate to the appropriate resources as necessary
- Experience working heavily with or ideally implementing financial or other business systems
- A general understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Experience working with software developers in an agile environment
- Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to understand big picture concepts and drive into details when needed to implement them
- Ability to interact with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of leadership
- 5+ years of applicable experience
Bonus Point Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience working with business systems or as a business analyst
- Knowledge of venture capital funds and the alternative investments industry
- Experience designing and implementing vendor accounting software such as general ledger systems, financial planning & analysis software, financial reporting software
- Experience with data management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred