Full-Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
Remote | Full Time
More than 7,000 churches depend on Breeze, and we’re grateful to work every day developing intuitive features to make their experience better. We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Engineering team. Are you interested in building helpful, easy-to-use software that helps churches thrive? We’d love to have you reach out to us!
US-based and legally able to work full time in the US. Sponsorships are not available at this time.
How Our Engineering Team Works
We’re a distributed fully remote Engineering team, working across multiple US-based timezones. We follow an agile approach to our planning and work, including:
- Sprint planning/estimations
- Pair programming via Zoom & Slack
- Code reviews
- Weekly Show and Tell
We strive to build quality into every change that we make and as such our team uses TDD and Travis for continuous integration. Security is also a #1 priority so we run periodic security scans on our application to ensure that our users are protected.
What We Are Looking For
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Breeze, you will be:
- Supporting our church management product, building new product features, working autonomously to write and scale new services as we transition to micro-services
- Helping us with an exciting transition! We are currently transitioning from a CodeIgniter-backend monolith, to a service-oriented architecture with microservices built in PHP and React components on the frontend.
- Working within our engineering team, collaborating with product managers, engineering managers and more using tools like GitHub, Zoom, and Slack.
- As you gain context, you’ll be providing technical guidance to teammates as a peer.
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience as a backend or full-stack developer in any procedural language, working on backend systems with meaningful production traffic.
- Keen abilities to write and maintain tests where needed and appreciate the importance of working effectively with legacy codebases.
- Proactive mindset toward fixing and responding to any issues and integrating feedback.
- 3+ years of experience working with PHP, or Node.js or Go.
- 2+ years experience building microservices with Kubernetes would be helpful.
Our Tech Stack
The latest stack is:
- Laravel (RESTful API)
- React / React Native
- Bootstrap 4
- GitHub Pull Request
- Travis CI build process
- LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL and PHP) in production (and LEMP via Docker in development)
Who is Breeze Church Management?
We are a cloud-based software company making Church Software Simple. We strive, with everything we do, to be the world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches. Breeze is used by more than seven thousand churches to organize people, track giving, manage events and more.
Breeze Church Management’s Core Values
These are the core values that we try to embody every day, as we interact with our customers and with each other. These are also the core values that we look for when hiring new people!
- Hustle | Your drive and tenacity to get things done is unstoppable. You struggle sleeping when projects are half-finished. You can’t focus on anything else when you haven’t completed a task. You’ll do whatever it takes to cross the finish line.
- Resourceful | When you don’t know an answer, you know how to find it. When there’s not a solution, you make a solution. You have the creativity it takes to find a way to get the job done.
- Social Savant | You’re great with people. You can empathize and connect with them on a relational level. Your emotional intelligence is spot on, allowing you to know exactly when to open your mouth and when to close it and simply open your ears.
- Servant- Minded | Your focus is on making others successful. You’re not worried about who gets the credit. You’re humble and able to admit and take responsibility when you drop the ball, learning from the experience to improve next time.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and participation in company 401K.