Lead Software Engineer – Direct Buy
- Location: San Francisco, CA; Remote, USA
Stitch Fix’s Direct Buy team is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team. We build software both customer-facing & backend that empowers clients to purchase items they love directly from Stitch Fix, based on our personalized recommendations. We’re motivated by our ability to surprise & delight clients with our personalized recommendations. We are a distributed team that collaborates & pair-programs across 4 time-zones, and we love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions.
- Are enthusiastic about technology
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Are respectful, empathetic, and curious
- Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
- Believe in autonomy & taking the initiative
- Have roughly 6+ years of professional programming experience.
- Are comfortable working independently to build full-stack features with Ruby on Rails
- Have experience leading projects with 2-4 engineers
- Have experience with microservice architectures
- Have experience with Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ
Our team …
- Empowers clients to purchase items based on personalized recommendations
- Enjoys pair-programming with our direct teammates.
- Collaborates with engineers on other teams to build sensible software
- Partners closely with product management & designers
- Solves business problems that frequently (not always) involve writing code
- Is responsible for the ongoing health and maintenance of the apps we build
- Iterates on our agile process to help us build better software
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Have sunny offices in Austin, TX and Pittsburgh, PA, or your home 🙂
- Full support for remote work and you get to visit our San Francisco office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
Curious to learn more about our team? We’re looking forward to reviewing your application and having the opportunity to learn more about you!