Loan Specialist OCA
- Job Locations: US-Telework
- ID: 2020-1361
- Category: Administrative/Clerical
- Type: Full-Time
Know Way. Know How.
For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.
Highlight is seeking highly-qualified individuals for a Loan Specialist position to support the Small Business Administration (SBA) . You will be performing duties necessary to the processing, servicing, liquidating, or other transactions for all types of SBA loans. Excellent customer service skills are a must. The ideal candidate will also enjoy learning new software skills. If you’re interested in being part of a team supporting government financial programs that help U.S. small businesses thrive, please apply!
- Performs a variety of tasks depending upon the division to which the individual is assigned including processing, origination, servicing, guaranty purchasing and/or liquidating; but the majority of the time (not less than 60%) is spent on loans which are considered to be more “complex” or problematic because of specific conditions or of their nature. Reviews assigned loan file to become acquainted with the characteristic requirements, collateral, and terms of the loan.
- Reviews and analyzes requests from direct borrowers or requests from participant lenders in relation to servicing, liquidating or purchasing loans depending upon the division to which the incumbent is assigned. Independently determines what data is needed in order to analyze/evaluate the request. Analyzes these requests in terms of financial condition of the borrowers and their effect and implication they have on the interest of SBA if they are approved.
- Analyzes financial statements (using cash flow projections and ratio analysis) as necessary to detect trends in the financial condition of the business and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Provides extensive servicing, purchasing or liquidation of the more complex delinquent loans or potentially delinquent loans. Analyzes the underlying problems and causes of the delinquency and develops the solutions to protect the interest of the Agency and the survival of the small business.
- Conducts research necessary to assist lenders in answering inquiries regarding recently submitted actions or inquires.
- Utilize various software programs to perform daily tasks including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Performs other loan processing, servicing, purchasing, liquidation or other transaction activities as needed to support the office operation.
- Able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Practical knowledge of loan administration and basic account principles.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus but not required.