- Remote Worldwide
Invisible Technologies is searching high and low for a product designer to join our team by end of August 2020. Candidates for this position must speak design, and do your best thinking while discussing, drawing, and refining products that keep the user in mind and heart. Successful candidates will have a track record demonstrating that they helplessly and joyfully infuse design into all cross functional interactions. You will not be able to speak without sharing your screen, pulling up a piece of paper, or writing on a whiteboard.
Why is this role important for Invisible Technologies?
The product designer role frequently interacts with our marketing, product, and engineering teams, in addition to attending discovery meetings to connect with stakeholders across all other teams at the company. Our products represent our most powerful marketing, sales, and operations asset. As such, the product designer role must pay attention to function as well as form when considering the needs of our agent and client users. Invisible occupies a branded position in a marketplace dominated by no frills, horsepower first products. We want the power, but we also want to promote a playful attitude and fresh mindset.
Relevant experience and mindset
- A demonstrated intolerance for good enough based on an informed and wholehearted perspective on what makes for a well designed product.
- 2+ years of experience executing product designs tied to business outcomes. Degrees are optional. A portfolio is not.
- 2+ years facilitating the design process cross functionally. You have a design process and point of view informed by thoughtful research, ongoing interest, and a knack for turning design desires into design realities. You are not afraid to convene and drive a meeting; indeed, you do so with panache!
- Proficiency with cloud based design tools like Figma. Experience driving outcomes using virtual white boards.
- Experience engaging with stakeholders at all levels of a fast paced company, from the CEO to members of your immediate team.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. There’s no audience you cannot charm. No design approach or decision you cannot summarize in a thoughtful presentation.
- Experience as a member of a remotely organized team. You show up to work and meetings on time even if you are wearing pajama pants.
We’d also like… but you could persuade us otherwise.
- Experience designing SaaS products.
- 2+ years with hands on experience building in HTML5, CSS, Flexbox.
- 2+ years of expertise as a UX designer.
- Background in product marketing.
The culture is imbued with romantic capitalist values. These are just a few:
- Be insanely ambitious, you should want your boss’ job, you have a moral obligation to seek power and use it for good, the modern knight fights abstract dragons;
- Welcome adversity, struggles and suffering, steel yourself for the worst, challenge problems to a duel, seek the widest possible stage for your talents, identify and solve for the biggest problem you can find;
- Create and measure the value you create, strive and compete to be the best;
- Take pride in your work. You are the CEO until told otherwise;
- Solving problems together benefits everyone;
- Do the great work of your life, here and now, the work that you were made for, and that you will be remembered for—seek your aristeia moment;
- Seek the truth, express yourself freely, confront problems head on, be as transparent as possible, don’t hide the bad and the ugly, stand up for your opinion by engaging in debate, change your mind when you’re wrong; and
- Work HARD, don’t waste time, the more fully you absorb yourself in your work, the more aggressively you work, the better you work.