Program Coach Lead
Job Location: Remote Available
Position Type: Regular
Job Category: Education
Program Coach Lead
Program Coach Leadsdevelop, mentor, and guide the performance of Program Coaches and Senior Program Coacheswho work directly with the parents of Waterford UPSTART participants. Waterford UPSTART is a FREE in-home early literacy software that prepares children for Kindergarten. Parents/guardians are their child’s first teacher. Waterford UPSTART Liaisons support the parents/guardian’s efforts and together they lay the foundation of a lifetime of learning for the child.
Waterford UPSTART families range from varying backgrounds related to income, marital status, heritage, and education. In this role, you will help your team learn how to vary their approach to each family to accommodate their different situations while supporting their child’s growth!
Team member mentor conversations will be scheduled in advance and could take place in-person or virtually. The calls will include how to discuss the child’s academic progress, social-emotional well-being, motivation, and software usage routine while guiding parents to existing Waterford UPSTART resources. You will be helping Coaches understand how their previous experience in education (social work, early learning, etc.) makes them an invaluable mentor and resource to Waterford UPSTART parents.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Operational/Reporting – Be the data virtuoso on key indicators and risks for your team, department and call center
- Facilitate a supportive relationship with assigned at-risk families from enrollment to graduation by providing teams with academic and social emotional guidelines to increase their effectiveness
- Demonstrate a focus on parent empowerment and child kindergarten preparedness during the mentoring process, which includes call monitoring, weekly coaching and training to meet department critical metrics.
- Review and prepare weekly mentoring sessions with your assigned coaches and representatives to discuss, quality scores and important metric expectations needed for program success
- Ensure that Program Coaches and Senior Coaches are accurately following all Waterford UPSTART workflows to ensure critical metrics are met
- Accept and address complicated issues by providing solutions that work with family dynamics
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and departments
- Train and onboard new Program Coaches and Senior Program coaches and peers to become valuable team members.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with management to initiate process changes that improve the user experience.
- Seek additional special project responsibilities as requested by leadership team
- Understand software usage and user profiles using an online management system
- Support a small number of assigned families for the purpose of understanding the role of a Program Coach and Senior Program Coach
Required skills & education
- BS/BA in education, family studies, social work, psychology, sociology, etc. or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years Early Education experience, social work or related field
- 3 years proven track record in mentor, leadership or related experience in a call center environment
- Outstanding communication using all forms of contact: phone, email, text and chat
- Proactive, problem solving, results oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to display empathy and understanding to a diverse group of participants while providing program support for families
- Proven history of collaboration with coworkers/departments to learn new processes and technical troubleshooting skills quickly
- Keyboard at least 40 WPM
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Preferred skills & education
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Salesforce CRM
- Leadership in a work from home environment
Currently, due to COVID-19, the majority of Waterford.org team members are working remotely! We have adapted our recruitment process and all interviews are being conducted via Zoom meetings. If hired, with the exception of picking up your computer equipment, you will onboard, train, and work remotely for the foreseeable future.
At Waterford.org, we strive to build a diverse and inclusive environment for all team members. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, race/color, religion, gender, disability, national origin or any other characteristic.