Senior Software Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
- Competitive Salary
- 5 Years Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- No Commission
- 40.00 hours per week / Day Shift /Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer, Elsevier, Inc., Philadelphia, PA.
- Perform research, design, and software development assignments within a specific software functional area or product line.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes and work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Mentor and train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Design and work with complex data models and keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Requires a bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or 5 years of mobile software engineering experience.
- Also required is 5 years of experience: performing mobile application development and design using current best practices and modern frameworks; performing Native Android development using Android SDKs and development tooling (Android Studio, Gradle); and utilizing the Java programming language.
- Must also possess 2 years of experience: utilizing Google Play Services APIs, as well as publishing and managing Android applications on the Google Play Store; and integrating RESTful web services into mobile applications.
Employee reports to Elsevier, Inc. office in Philadelphia, PA but may telecommute from any location within the U.S. No 3rd Party Responses. Relocation not available.