Web Operations Specialist (Remote Position)
At Schneider Saddlery, we believe some of life’s best moments and memories are created – anywhere there are horses — at a barn, in the ring, or on a trail.
Today, we are a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial family business in the equestrian industry with a high-performing, data-driven team. We hold ourselves accountable to our numbers, our people, and our community. Founded in 1948, we work to know our riders, their horses, and the industry better than anybody else.
We’re looking for an ecommerce technologist who will roll up their sleeves to turbo charge our website experience. You will be responsible for coordinating, testing, and executing our website development projects, which includes developing new functionality with the goal of increasing average order value and site conversion rate.
- Do you want to learn and grow?
- Are you a perfectionist and detail oriented?
- Are you impatient with a high sense of urgency?
- Do you do well with many projects coming at you at once?
- Have you been described as independent or a conservative risk-taker?
If this specifically describes you and you are looking to directly impact our business, please copy and paste the below link into a separate browser to upload your resume and complete our application process. Applicants must complete this process to be considered:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Above market pay with performance bonuses, growth opportunities, and full benefits package
- Ability to work directly with leadership. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the chance to make a difference at this 80-person company. You’ll be directly responsible for improving revenue driven through our website.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, organized and technologically curious Web Operations Specialist to maintain the integrity of our website integrations, coordinate website development projects, and test new website functionality with the goal of improving session conversion and increasing order value.
- Ensures daily website performance and availability. Troubleshoots issues as they arise. Seeks to solve root causes of recurring website integration and data issues.
- Website functionality development. Supports the ecommerce manager to achieve website improvement project deliverables. Communicates with project internal and external stakeholders to keep projects on time, on scope and on budget. Coordinates cross-functional teams to gain agreement on scope, approach, assumptions, dependencies, risks, and budget for website development projects.
- Functionality testing. Determines acceptance criteria, test cases, and test plans for new and existing website features. Performs manual QA testing on website development projects, including browser compatibility testing, device testing, regression testing and functional testing. Ability to provide testing results that consist of valuable feedback and detailed reports to developers and leadership.
- Website Multivariate testing. Helps identify potential web usability issues and design opportunities. Assists with the running of website split testing, user research data analysis, writes reports, and communicates results to the technology team.
- Reports on website financial objectives, budgets, and performance metrics. Collects project budget estimates and tracks actual spend to project completion. Prepares analysis to compare actual to budget variance. Prepares reporting to clarify key performance indicators for the website.
- Participates in weekly status calls with external partners to track progress of projects. Ensures weekly website development priorities are clearly defined and communicated to the rest of the team.
- Communicate website results and user behavior in non-tech-speak to the marketing, creative and merchandising teams, as well as the rest of the company.
- 2+ years of website operations experience in a B-to-C retail ecommerce business
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Computer Science, Math or a related analytical field
- Proven Critical Thinking skills: Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that clearly identifies the underlying issues. Seeks root causes. Makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles and considers different approaches that are relevant to the decision-making process.
- Hands-on experience with Jira or a similar project tracking software, experiencing coordinating projects, planning resources, managing to deadlines and objectives
- Experience using Google Analytics, aptitude/proficiency for usability testing tools, aptitude/proficiency with one or more wireframing/prototyping tools
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills, with the proven ability to scrutinize and on large amounts of data (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Organized, meticulous individual with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Location: US Locations Only